The Mews Entrepreneur Programme
When we started Mews, we decided to leave our safe, boring, corporate jobs behind to start a company that could bring innovation to hotels and make a change to our industry. 4 years into that dream, we realise that was the best decision we ever could have made. Sure we had some crappy days, but on the whole the freedom makes up for all the pain along the way. If we do not like something, we simply stop doing it... rather than having to get approval from a multitude of managers. So we would like to pass this freedom onwards to other hoteliers who feel they are stuck in a dead-end job.
So what is this programme?
Over the years we have been asked by many of the Mews-hoteliers whether they could join the team, having seen how much fun we have, and the innovation we bring. Unfortunately not everyone is able to move to a Mews office in London, Amsterdam or Prague, and with the Entrepreneur Programme this is no longer a requirement.
Join the Mews team from where ever you are based, all you need is a computer and a wifi connection to start.
Hoteliers buy from hoteliers
Both Richard and Matt started their careers in hotels, and understand the pains that hoteliers go through with their old system setups. This is the reason that we look for hoteliers to join us, as hoteliers prefer to buy from other hoteliers who can explain exactly how Mews resolves the "old pains" of the legacy systems.
Speak your customer's language
We have hotels in 25 countries. In a number of countries we have learned its critically important to speak the local language. At Mews unfortunately we do not speak all the languages that our system supports, so this is where our local entrepreneurs come in, who can meet customers directly in their hotel and consult with them in their own language.
Meet Customers in person
Mews solves challenges for all departments in a hotel, which is amazing, but it also complicates the sales process. So we are looking for real specialists, who have previous experience using a Property Management System and who can clearly explain the benefits of Mews versus the old legacy solutions. Often hoteliers want to meet you 2-3 times in person before they sign an agreement. Therefore we believe its best to have Mews representation based in all cities around the world, ensuring we can quickly assist where needed.
What investment is needed?
Nothing, except for your own time. The minimum requirement for the programme is 8 months, during which we will need you to dedicate your time to Mews for a minimum of 30 hours per week. It generally take between 4-7 months to get the first clients signed, trained and for revenue to start flowing your way, which is why we say 8 months. We do not pay a salary, as we want entrepreneurs to make a commitment to Mews, if you make a personal sacrifice you will take this partnership more seriously.
Can I sell other systems too?
Unfortunately not in the first year. We want the focus to be fully on Mews, and not to be distracted with other solutions that make the sales process more complex. If your team grows above 2 persons, then we are open to discuss this, as long as the solutions are complimentary to Mews.
What investment does Mews make into you?
During the first 8 months, we will invest in you with the following means:
- Training: we will facilitate one week of training at the Mews Systems Head Office in Prague .
- CRM: you will receive a complimentary access to the Mews CRM tool to help maintain your database of customers, bringing significant automation to the process.
- E-mail account: all entrepreneurs will be provided with a Mews email address
- Proposal Automation: we have built a full connection with Proposify, to automate the sending and signing of proposals to customers. You will get your own access to this tool.
- Pre-Sales Automation: we will help you in automating your pre-sales process. We do not believe in old fashioned cold calling, this has been fully automated and you will learn all about it in your first week.
- Support: all customers can submit questions via our automatic ticketing system, which then assigns questions from your hotels to you, to be answered within 24 hours.
- Demonstration Support: for the first five demos a Mews representative will be available to join you by phone, to support any questions you may have.
- Sales Support: we will visit you in your destination within the first three months and join you on a couple of sales meetings, ensuring you have all the knowledge and tools you need.
- Implementation Support: we will join you for the first installation of Mews into a new hotel, where we will be able to coach you and guide you through the process of getting a new hotel trained and live.
- Mews University: we have an online university which you may use for pre-training your customers.
Should you offer any technical support to customers?
Nope, we are a Cloud solution, so all of the technical support is handled from our office in Prague. We genuinely are looking for hoteliers who can sell, train and offer first level support to our customers. If things get complicated, the Prague team is here to support you 24/7.
Lets talk money...
How much money will you make?
This is a full time position, and we believe you should be able to live comfortably of the income from the 8th month into the programme, if you follow our programme and trainings religiously. So you will need to make an investment into this programme for 8 months, covering your own living costs.
Revenues are split into 2 categories:
100% One-Time Sign On Bonus
If you sign a new hotel, you will need to build the hotel in Mews (we will train you... its super easy) and finalise all configuration settings with the hotel team. Training is generally done on-site for 2 days, plus 1 day implementation support.
For all of the above you are allowed to set your own pricing, and 100% of this revenue goes to you. For example if you have a full Implementation Package price of 2,000€, which would cover all trainings, and configuration, this would be your revenue.
25% Monthly Recurring Revenues
Besides the one-time sign on revenue, hotels go on a monthly subscription model with Mews. This pricing starts from 200€ per hotel, but ranges (upwards) due to the size of the hotels and the more Mews-products you are able to upsell.
Once the hotel is live, our Entrepreneurs are in charge of offering first level support to customers via the helpdesk. If you get stuck, you can escalate the support question to the Prague support team who will help you out.
You will make 25% of the Monthly Recurring Revenue for as long as you stay within the programme.
What would your revenues be like after 3 yearS?
Below scenario is built on a one-man-show. Imagine what those revenues could be if you expand your team, and results start growing exponentially.
Within the first year you should easily be able to sell and implement 10 hotels of an average size of 50 rooms. If you do not hire another person, you should still be able to (on your own) implement another 20-25 hotels annually in consecutive years.
- Onetime Setup/Training fees = 10 hotels x 2500 Euro implementation fees = 25,000 Euro
- Monthly Recurring Fees = 10 hotels x 6 months x 125 Euro = 7,500 Euro
Note: in the first year you need 6 months to get the first contracts signed, so hence the 6 months in the calculation
- TOTAL = 32,500 Euro Annually
- Onetime Setup/Training fees = 20 hotels x 2500 Euro implementation fees = 50,000 Euro
- Monthly Recurring Fees = 24 hotels average x 12 months x 125 Euro = 36,000 Euro
- TOTAL = 86,000 Euro Annually
- Onetime Setup/Training fees = 25 hotels x 2500 Euro implementation fees = 62,500 Euro
- Monthly Recurring Fees = 48 hotels average x 12 months x 125 Euro = 72,000 Euro
- TOTAL = 134,500 Euro Annually
How do you join?
Set up an initial conversation with our team, so that we get to know each other, and we will take the conversations from there. Complete the below form, after which we will get in touch with you.